- Admissions Policy 2021.22 and Annual Notice 2022.23
- REGISTRATION FORM for Sept 2022
- Instructions on september 2022 registration process
The school has developed, in consultation with the parents, students and staff a new Admissions Policy which is available below:
As part of the new policy, each year the school will publish an Annual Admissions Notice which is available below:
(This covers enrolment for 1st year for September 2022)
REGISTRATION FORM is available on the NEXT TAB
REGISTRATION FORM for 1st year September 2022.
REGISTRATION FORM for September 2022 (Download here)
This form can be returned by
(1) e-mail to email@example.com ( do not use any other e-mail address).
(2) by post to Registration22, Mercy Secondary School Mounthawk, Mounthawk, Tralee, Co. Kerry.
If you are returning by post – you should keep a certificate of postage as proof of submission.
BEFORE FILLING THIS FORM – READ THE INSTRACTIONS ON THE NEXT TAB
Instructions on the process for submission of Registration forms for 1st year for September 2022
Addendum to section 6.1 of the Policy:
Due to the restrictions to usual functioning during the COVID-19 pandemic, the following changes will be made to the registration for enrolment process for the September 2022.
- Availability of forms:
(i) The Registration Form for 1st year enrolment will be available on the school website for download and submission.
It can be accessed http://www.mercymounthawk.ie/information/enrolment/
(ii) Forms will also be circulated in hard copy through the Primary schools.
(iii) Any applicant having difficulty in accessing forms on-line can ring the school office on 066 7102550 to have a form sent to them by post.
The school will not hold an OPEN DAY in the school this year, instead in accordance with section 6.2 of the policy, there will be VIRTUAL OPEN EVENING launched on Tuesday 16th November
- Filling and return of forms:
The Registration Form must be fully completed and be signed by a parent/guardian of the applicant. Unsigned forms cannot be processed.
Forms can returned
(i) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
(ii) by post to Registration22, Mercy Secondary School Mounthawk, Mounthawk, Tralee, Co. Kerry.
Submitted forms will receive an automatic receipt if returned by e-mail. If you are returning by post – you should keep a certificate of postage as proof of submission. A receipt will also be e-mailed to you.
Forms cannot be submitted by hand to the school office – please do not call to the school to request or collect a form.
REGISTRATION FORMS will be accepted from Monday 18th October 2021 but MUST BE SUBMITTED by 2:00pm on 19th November 2021 in order to be considered valid applications.
- Following registration, the procedures in section 6 to 14 of the School’s Admissions Policy will apply.
- In accordance with section 9, a letter notifying applicants regarding their application will be issued, at the latest, by 3rd December 2021.
- In accordance with section 10, offers of a place must be accepted in writing at the latest by 10th December 2021. Failure by an applicant to accept an offer by the 10th December 2021 may result in the offer being withdrawn in accordance with section 11.
In accepting the application, students must complete the Student Enrolment Form (which will be sent to you with the letter of offer. This form includes a Health Information Section, detailed information including the Student PPS No and information as required by the Department of Education & Skills. It also contains a form confirming parent/guardian and student commitment to abide by the School’s Code of Behaviour and to accept the Ethos of the school. A parent/guardian must advise the school of their acceptance of the offer of Admission in writing on or before 10th December, 2020 at 4.00 pm, by completing/signing the Acceptance Forms and returning these documents to the Administration office, by POST only, by 4.00 pm on Thursday 10th December, 2020.
- In accordance with section 13, in the event of oversubscription, a waiting list will be put in place.
- Please note that, in accordance with section 12, the school may contact and share information with other schools in order to complete the enrolment process as is detailed in the Admissions Policy.
- On completion of the enrolment process a request will be made for all relevant information to be made available from the student’s previous school, including such matters as attendance record, behaviour issues, special education needs etc. This will assist the school in making appropriate education provision for each student.
For more information relevant to new 1st years, please see the ‘Transition into 1st year‘ page under the Parents tab…..
APPEAL of REFUSAL to ENROL 2022
Should you wish to appeal the decision not to grant a place in the school, procedures are outlined in Section 29(1,c) of the Education Act 1998, amended, and in section 18 of our Admissions Policy, which is available on this website at: http://www.mercymounthawk.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Admissions-Policy-Mercy-Mounthawk-2021.22-Ratified-by-BoM-for-publishing-1.pdf As you will read, this process begins with a request to review this decision by the Board of Management. You can use a Board of Management Request Form (BOMR1) which is available below. A request for a review must be submitted within 21 calendar days of the date of the decision to refuse admission. Please consult the website of the Department of Education and Skills for the Procedures for hearing and determining appeals under section 29(1)(c)(i) of the Education Act, 1998 and FAQs. Should you require any further information, please contact the school.